Friday, November 7, 2008

Feeling a little better

Hi Everyone! Thank You for your prayers and support!
It's been a long hard road the last few weeks. I did come home on Tuesday, but I spiked another fever by that afternoon. The good news was that I did not need to go back to the hospital, because I was no longer nutrapenic and less at risk. The bad news was I was still stuck to my bed. I feel like I've been on a short leash and the furthest it reaches is to the bathroom and my bed. My back hurts and my chest is tight when I take a deep breath because my lungs haven't had a chance to fully expand because I've been stuck to my bed. My legs have needed rubbing so they don't clot. My fevers broke on Thursday. The highest it got on Thursday was 99.4 which is not bad. Today has been a good start. No fevers! I might even try venturing out of my house. I really need to walk around to let my lungs recover and gets some circulation going again. I think the hardest part is not being able to get things done and do things with the girls and needing to be so dependent on everyone else.

It has been a frustrating and sometimes scary time, but God is still showing me my issues of control and need to surrender to His will. That being said, I have full confidence in His faithfulness, His provision, and protection of my family, but its a daily reminding myself of the Truth of Who God is and What He promises to do. Its a that moment I can surrender and Know that God is good all the time. Its then that I am reminded that He is in control and I don't need to be, what I need to be is dependant on Him. There are so many unknowns and a variety of mini-crisis going on in my life but I see God at Work and its okay. Most of you know how music is a big part of my life. God uses it often to speak to me. Sara Groves has a song called "He's always been faithful". Its such a beautiful song I wish I knew how to put a link on my blog with that song for you to hear. There's a line in there where she says " this is my anthem, this is my song...." referring to His faithfulness, that is how I feel. I met Sara Groves once. I took Julia to see her in concert on her birthday. We were front row, it was awesome. I had a friend who was sort of related to Sara and we were invited back to meet her. She shared her life verse with Julia which happens to be mine so I have always felt a kindred spirit to Sara, her music really speaks to me. If your now wondering what the verse is, its Isaiah 41:9-10 You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth and called from its remotest parts. And said to you " You are my servant. I have chosen you and not rejected you. Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you. Surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Have a blessed Day!
Love, Edie

3 comments:

planetkathy said...

Edie,I pray that God gives you wonderful healing air to fully inhale as you take your deep breath!

Isn't it comforting to know that in God's eyes,there is no such thing as a 'mini crisis'?

Praying that your body improves daily and your spirit rests in Him.

Praying for God's healing over both you and Jim.
Ray&Kathy

Unknown said...

Edie ~
You are loved and cared for by so many of God's "angels". He will not fail you... do not be afraid! This fight is long, and it is hard, but it is close to the end for this part of the treatment journey. Be patient and rest in His care; know that you are coming through this valley! Let God equip you for healing strong and recovering all your strength... eat your veggies, trust His hands to hold you up, and go slowly into "normal" as it unfolds. I am praying for you and standing with you.
~ Beth

stace-face said...

Edie your posts are always so encouraging! I hope you are doing better, you are in my prayers! love you! :)

Psalm 121*