Sunday, July 6, 2008

Being a Blessing

This is what I was picturing as I spoke with Edie Saturday afternoon. I debated whether to include it in this post until I opened my Bible for a quiet time to this passage so ...

"When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. "Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who has sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them." John 13:12-17

What a beautiful example of this Edie's recent visitors have been. While they haven't washed her feet for her they have given her some foot, leg, arm and hand rubs and SHE LOVED IT!!

First she had visit from Karen B, David B Jr, and Kathy H. David played the guitar while his mom and Kathy gave Edie a foot and leg rub during their visit. Edie said the that combo was just what she needed.

Then she had a visit from her work friends Rayelle, Brooke and Tammy. They had her laughing, alot!! They also gave her a massage.

The pampering continued with a visit from Laurie B and Kathy P who also rubbed her feet.

While Edie totally loved the massages,
the best part of all of these visits was when she was prayed over. They were her best couple of days so far. She was awaiting a visit from her parents when we spoke.

In the time that has passed since her pampering parties the pain in her stomach has lessened and as a result they have lowered the amount of pain medication. Her fevers had been low grade and nothing that is track-able. She was able to take a 2 lap walk around her wing of the hospital -- the first walk since the chemo cycle started about 20 days ago! Edie's white cell count is on the rise!!

Praise God for friends who are such beautiful examples of the body of Christ! Praise God for answered prayers! Praise God for the gifts of music, massage and laughter!

Respectfully ~ Faith

4 comments:

Mom, Dad, Jill and Stephanie said...

Edie,

We are so very happy to hear that you will be coming home!!! What an answer to prayer!!!

Jane

Penny said...

Hi Eddie,
So glad to hear you are coming home. I sent you a card and it was returned to me. I will hand deliver it to you at home. If you are up to any good reading, there is a new book out called The Shack, true story of one mans enconter with God. Amazing story everyone I know has to read it. I would love to get it for you, I will call you soon to see when you will be home and if I can vist.

Loving Him,
Penny

jesse said...

Edie:

So glad that thing seem to be going so well. Praise the Lord and we will continue to pray.

Christine

Unknown said...

Good Morning Sunshine,

Fever going down, less pain, AND FOOT RUBS....Praise our GOD!!!!!

Faithfully loving & praying for you!

Marcia