Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Updates For The Next Leg of The Journey

Hi Everyone!

So sorry I haven't updated in a few weeks. I will be updating again more regularly. I have really enjoyed my time at home. My focus was on rest, relaxation and quality time with my family. Oh... and organizing like crazy :-) The first week I wasn't able to do much because I was still so tierd and I also has Cdif, a stomach infection. Uggh. By the next week, I was getting around and more. I saw the doctor for another bone marrow biobsy and learned that I am successfully in first remission. Yippee! That means that I do not have Luekemia right now. I still have a long road ahead though. I have 4 more rounds of Chemo that will span through December. Each time it will be a week of Chemo, two weeks of being neutropeinic, and 3 weeks recovering and then I do it all over again. I have about a 70%-65% chance of it returning, even after the chemo. We considered the bone marrow transplant, but I have decided to put that on the back burner for now. The transplant would reduce my risk by 20% more but has serious risks involved that I am not ready for. My brothers are not a match so that makes things even trickier. I continue to pray for and trust in God's healing power in my life.

A prayer request would be that I would be fever and infection free during the next round of Chemo. I go in on Thursday July 31st. If after my week of Chemo is up and I have not gotten a fever, I can come home to recover rather than staying in the hospital for the full 30 days. I would much prefer recovering at home with my family and better food :-) However, if at any point while recovering at home I get a fever, I will be back in the hospital until the end of August when my counts come back up. Uggh. Also pray for my family, that they would continue to see Christ at work in the midst of this and have complete peace and trust in Him. Pray also for the returning to school preparations and transitions back, that they would go smoothly without having much help from me.

I need to give a Huge THANKS!!! to everyone that has been supporting and praying for us. Also, I did not have the opportunity to post my thanks to those who have done so much during my stay at home. There was a Saturday work day and many families came and weeded and mulched my yard and cleaned the inside of my house; Thank you- Kay and Erin , Hannah, John, Lauren and Corey, Pam and Scott, Theresa , Betty Ann and Courtney, Jane and Ron, Cathy K, Pam and Steve, and Dawn and Dan, And Dad and Jim :-) Thank you to Mom, Pat and Caitlin, Toni and Mary for your cleaning over the last couple of weeks! Thank you to everyone who provided a meal or have sent gift cards. We are so blessed and appreciate everything you all have done. I hope to write a personal note of thanks to each of you eventually, but please know that your kindness and generosity has not gone unnoticed and I give thanks for you everyday!! I love you all!!!!!

Lastly, I want to encourage you all. God has spoken to my heart and filled me with such peace and even excitement to see how He is at work. I have such a conviction and passion to remind you that God is Good all the time. He can be trusted and has a plan for this for my good and His glory as it is written in Romans 8 :28. In Ephesians 3:13-21, Paul writes a prayer for the Ephesians. It is also my prayer for you- "Therefore I ask you not to lose heart at my tribulations on your behalf, for they are your glory. For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever, Amen."

Love and Blessings,

~Edie

PS( My next updates won't be so long :-) I needed to catch up for missed weeks. LOL)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Edie,
It was so great to see you up and around this week!! God does wonderful things, doesn't He. Praise the Lord that at this point you are in remission. I am praying a healing for you just like my neighbor, Jade, had 12 years ago when she was diagnosed with advanced leukemia. You are a constant encouragement and a very beautiful person, inside and out.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Edie,
I love the passage from Ephesians. Jer and I prayed for you and Jim this AM asking for God to give you supernatural strength. May you continue to radiate the presence of Christ in this very challenging time.
Our love and prayers,
Susan

planetkathy said...

"And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life, I won't turn back - I know You are near."
Praising Him for your time at home and being able to visit us Planet folk. We pray your time in the hospital seems momentary-just enough time to get what you need and that God will continue to heal you.
Ray&Kathy