Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hospital Stay Day 2

Hi Everyone!
Hope your all doing well! I was admitted back to Penn late Thursday night, we started Chemo Friday. This round of Chemo is 2x a day at a higher dose than before, but only every other day for 3 days. Sunday will be my second set and Tuesday will be my last. They say that if I don't have a fever or any other complications, I can go home after my last treatment on Tuesday night and get to sleep in my own bed. Yippe!!
I feel pretty good. So far no complications, just utter boredom. My counts aren't low yet so I've been able to leave the floor and walk out the hospital over to Pot Belly's, a little deli across the street. That's the excitement of my day. lol. Nap's are next to impossible. I tried to take a 2 hour nap today. Tried being the key word. Every 10-15 minutes someone would come in to check my vitals, or clean the room, etc.... I was ready to make a sign; Do Not Disturb and post it to my door. Not sure how that would fly though. That being said, I'm really looking forward to going home and recovering there with less interruptions :-) Of course I have teenagers so there will be a few.
I leave you today with a word from the book of James 1:2-8 out of the Message (The Bible in contemporary language) "Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way. If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get His help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers: are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you will get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open."
I see my Leukemia as a gift, and look forward to what more God has to teach me about Himself and who I am in Christ. I encourage you to see your trial or suffering from a new perspective, from God's who is all knowing, all loving. Jeremiah 29:11 says " For I know the plans I have for you, "says the Lord. " They are plans for your good and not for disaster, to give you a hope and a future." (NLT) Pray believing God is who He says He is and does what He says He will do.
Love you all!!
~Edie

3 comments:

planetkathy said...

"Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me,and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me,when you search for Me with all your heart."
Thanks, Edie for your attention to scripture - you are teaching us much to remember for our daily walks! So glad to learn you're just bored,not sick! God is always good - even providing a deli in His care for you.
Ray & Kathy

Kipper said...

Edie,
I know you're doing well when you say you're bored!:) So glad you enjoyed your time at home. We'll pray that you can get back there sooner rather than later.
I'll call soon.
Love to you, Jim, and the girls,
Kipper

Tim Klein said...

Hi Edie,

You are amazing! It is so inspiring to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing with everyone. We'll keep praying for you and Jim and the kids. Hang in there! Hope you're home soon!

Love,
Laura