Thursday, August 7, 2008

Good to be Home

It's been good to be home again. I am continually thankful for the love and support that my family and church family have been blessing me with:-)

Today the nurse came out to take labs and teach me how to give my self an injection. I was not real keen on learning how to stick my self with a needle. I'm a bit squimish with that stuff and tend to pass out. Good thing is I got through it and it wasn't too bad. I have to do it for 15 days. I could not imagine being diabetic and needing to do that everyday. Ughh. After dinner this evening I noticed my arm was sore than I realized every inch of me was sore, a side effect of the medicine I'm injecting to be a counteract to the Chemo side effects. I guess they exchange one evil for another lesser kind. Who knows..... LOL. Tylenol should help though. I've also began to feel a little tired, but no fevers, nausea or infections. Praise God!

2 Peter 1:3-5 " As we know Jesus better, his divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive his own glory and goodness! And by that same mighty power, he has given us all of his rich and wonderful promises. He has promised that you will escape the decadence all around you caused by evil desires and that you will share in his divine nature. So make every effort to apply the benefits of these promises to your life. Then your faith will produce a life of moral excellence. A life of moral excellence leads to knowing God better." (NLT) - Take some time to get to know Jesus better. It's Jesus that gives us all we need, we just forget that His power is at work within us and for us. Don't get stuck trying to not be anxious, or doing your best to follow God on your own strength. He has already given you all you need, just rest in His power and know His goodness and believe God is who he says he is and does what He says; Comforter, Counselor, Healer, Provider, Protector, All Powerful, Strong Tower, etc... You know what I mean.

Love,
~Edie

2 comments:

Tina said...

Hi Edie,

I'm sorry it's been so long but my life has been turned upside down, not quite like yours.... We all moved out to San Diego California at the end of July. The decision to move came last December when my dad was diagnosed with 2 brain tumors. Sadly, he passed away in January, leaving my mother alone. She in Arizona which is only a 5 hour drive and 30 minute flight from San Diego. The plan is to have her move here with us eventually so that I may care for her, New Jersey was just too far away, which made helping out with my dad very difficult. My last day of work at Commerce was July 22nd and we made the drive out to California from the 29th to August 3rd. Driving across the country with 3 teenagers and 2 dogs was actually quite enjoyable. I am just now feeling settled in our new surroundings and sitting down for the first time in a long time to read your blog. Your words and passages have meant so much to me and have given me such peace. I am sure you know that what you are doing by posting your journey is helping so many people and giving us all strength to get through the trials of our own lives. Your attitude and faith has helped me in so many ways and I give thanks to you and God. You and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Tina Williams

Kirstynn said...

Hi Edie,

It was great seeing you 2 weeks ago at Planet. We all miss you so much. I hope you are feeling better. I pray for you and your family every night.

Love, Kirstynn B.